Global Kids, Washington, DC (GK-DC) is seeking several dynamic, hard-working, driven individuals with experience
in youth development, global education, social justice activism, and a commitment in afterschool programming.
Global Kids, Washington, DC (GK-DC) is seeking several dynamic, hard-working, driven individuals with experience in youth development, global education, social justice activism, and a commitment in afterschool programming. The Site Trainers will be coordinating and implementing GK-DC’s weekly afterschool programming at Anacostia, Ballou and Dunbar high school sites. This is a part-time position with an immediate start date.
• Lead program recruitment, consist participation and retention efforts to ensure program effectiveness and program deliverables.
• Coordinate and assist with building relationships with school administration, faculty, and staff.
•Coordinate, develop and facilitate interactive, experiential workshops and activities aligned with GK- DC’s curriculum objectives.
•Work with senior GK-DC staff to design programs and activities appropriate for middle and high school aged youth, focusing on global/local issues, leadership development and digital media.
•Commit to timely and accurate administrative duties including participation in staff meetings, student data collection, program evaluation, and periodic program progress reports for the program site.
• Coordinate and implement planning for GK-DC key events such as youth conferences, leadership retreats and other special projects and field trips.
• Coordinate and assists with periodic parent/family engagement activities such as a program orientation, academic and college info sessions, family fun night, etc.
• Collaborate with teaching artists, and/or program interns who support the overall work of GK-DC.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Strong knowledge of and passion for global issues, political science, history, education and social activism.
• Experience working with high school and middle school youth and/or using interactive learning strategies in culturally diverse settings.
• Positive and enthusiastic teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional work ethic, initiative, creativity, willingness to learn, and ability to juggle multiple tasks independently.
• Exceptional communication, writing, and organizational.
• Experience in/or strong interest in technology/digital media education preferred.
• International experience, foreign language, and/or performing arts background a plus.
$20/hour; approximately 20-24 hours per week at each designated school site, with some benefits. We are actively seeking candidates of diverse backgrounds.
How To Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate “GK-DC Site Trainer” in the subject line of the email. We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries; please refer to the Global Kids web site for further information, www.globalkids.org.