Global Kids’ mission is to educate, activate and inspire youth to act on critical issues facing our world. Over its 33-year history, the organization has engaged thousands of young people in its innovative youth development programs that promote global awareness and action; building their agency to affect change in their community and beyond. In 2022, Global Kids expects to serve over 13,000 youth and educators in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Houston, Texas with its core-service delivery model that includes leadership development workshops, comprehensive after-school programs and community schools. These programs foster essential skills, provide critical supports and establish pathways for future youth success.
Global Kids, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, hard-working, and creative individual who is experienced in program compliance, youth development, and workplace development and is interested in working in public school setting in the South Bronx or Long Island City, Queens.
In collaboration with the New York City Department of Education (DOE), Department of Youth and Community Development, The Bronx Studio School of Writers and Artists and William Cullen Bryant High School- both partner schools with Global Kids, will run Summer Youth Employment Programs focused on service learning and job training and placement for 14-21 year old youth. The School-Based SYEP model is designed to strengthen connections between academic learning and summer career exploration, while providing youth with summer employment and educational experiences. This program will engage the talents and interests of youth, develop their skills and competencies, provide positive adult role models, and give young people work opportunities.
The goals and objectives of School Based Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) are:
• To provide a valuable work experience at job sites that are safe and well supervised
• To assist youth in identifying their career interests through exposure to different industries, occupations, educational pathways, and the requirements for success in each of them
• To enable youth to acquire positive work habits and develop employment-related skills
• To facilitate the long-term employment and self-sufficiency of youth
• To enable youth to develop a greater understanding of higher education and career options available to them
• To enable youth to develop financial literacy and other competencies that will prepare them to succeed in their transition to adulthood
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Assistant SYEP Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries; please refer to the Global Kids web site for further information, www.globalkids.org.
Global Kids, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity and do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, citizenship, mental or physical handicap or disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We continue to support and promote equal employment opportunity, human dignity, and racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity.